Spicy Hawaiian Pizza
I ordered delivery pizza with my husband one night and received the wrong order! We didn’t feel like waiting for another pizza, so we gave the pizza a try and ended up liking it! The pizza we received was a hawaiian pizza with jalapeño peppers. I love making pizza at home, so I decided to try making this pizza and it turned out yummy! I prefer thick crust pizza, but my husband loves thin crust pizza, so I’ve been using a Pizza Crisper for all my pizzas for nice crisp crust.
This recipe makes 1 14 inch thin crust pizza
For the crust:
- 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
- 1/2 tablespoon yeast
- 1 cup bread flour (more might be needed)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
For the sauce (makes enough for 3 pizzas):
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite-cut diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon salt
For the topping:
- 1 cup Cheese – Italian Blend
- 1/2 cup of ham and bacon
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- sliced jalapeño peppers to top
Things You’ll Need
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a large bowl. Mix well and then cover and refrigerate until needed. Mix 1/2 tablespoon yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in 1/2 cup warm water and let it sit for 10 minutes. Then stir to dissolve.
- In a large bowl, mix the yeast water, flour, melted butter, salt, and garlic powder and form a smooth dough. You might have to add a little more flour if too sticky. Shape the dough into a ball. Cover and let it rise for at least an hour in a warm place.Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. On a well floured surface, roll the dough out into a large circle. Place the dough on the Pizza Crisperand pre-bake the crust for 5 minutes.
- Pre-cook the bacon before placing on pizza, and make sure to squeeze/drain the liquid from the pineapple and pepper. Spread 1 cup of sauce on the pre-baked crust and add cheese. Then top with ham, bacon, pineapple, and sliced jalapeño peppers. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F and enjoy.