Dark Chocolate Walnut Brownies
I love anything with walnuts and dark chocolate, so I made dark chocolate walnut brownies! I like making brownies from scratch since I can control the sugar level. I think 1/2 cup of sugar was plenty for me. There was just enough sweetness with a lot of dark chocolate aroma. You can add more sugar if desired and use milk chocolate cocoa powder if you don’t like dark chocolate. This dessert goes well with ice cream, milk, espresso, or by itself!
This recipe makes about 9 large brownies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar (add another 1/4 to 1/2 cup if you like it sweet)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Things You’ll Need
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a microwave safe bowl. In a large mixing bowl mix together the melted butter and sugar. When smooth, add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix well. Beat in the dark chocolate cocoa powder.
- When smooth, beat in flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the chopped walnuts and mix one more time.
- Spread batter into the greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes (22 minutes worked for me).