I like to serve Crab Rangoon as an appetizer when I throw parties. They’re easy to make and they disappear in a flash! Crab Rangoon are deep-fried dumplings filled with cream cheese, imitation crab meat, and green onion. They’re commonly found at asian buffet restaurants. Try serving crab rangoon with sweet and sour sauce or sweet chili sauce. Enjoy!
This recipe makes about 14 pieces
- 4 oz cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/2 green onion (minced)
- 1/8 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- imitation crab meat (2 small sticks chopped)
- wonton wrappers
- 1 egg (beaten)
- oil (for frying)
- Put cream cheese, soy sauce, green onions, garlic powder, and imitation crab meat in a mixing bowl and mix together.
- In a separate bowl beat 1 egg. Lay out the wonton wrappers and brush the opposite corners of the wonton wrapper with the beaten egg.
- Place 1 tablespoon of filling near the center of each wrapper. If it’s to much filling for you, just use a teaspoon. Fold over the edges of the wrapper to form a triangle. Seal tightly.
- Deep Fry in batches (375 degrees F) for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown (They’ll float to the top once they’re ready).