Football season has arrived, so it’s time to grill and entertain. Besides grilling yummy food, I like to serve strawberry lemonade during football season, because it’s still hot outside and it helps to cool off after cheering like a maniac. This strawberry lemonade recipe has lots of flavor and my husband says it tastes similar to the Cheesecake Factory strawberry lemonade. It’s the perfect late summer drink and all the lemon is bound to help the sore throat you get from cheering on your team!
This recipe makes about 4 servings
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 5 to 6 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar (if you like it very sweet, add another 1/4 cup)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries (hulled then puréed)
- 1 cup sparkling water
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a pot. When the sugar dissolves, add lemon juice and grated lemon peel and let it simmer for a minute. Turn off heat and let it cool down completely. When cool, strain into a clean pitcher.
- Purée the strawberries in a blender. Add the puréed strawberries to the lemon juice and stir well. Now add 1 cup of sparkling water and stir well again. Refrigerate until cold. Serve in glasses filled with ice and garnish with fresh strawberries if desired.