Green Tea Cookie
Yum, green tea flavored desserts! I wanted to make green tea ice cream, but since it’s winter, I decided to make green tea cookies. They were a hit over the holidays!
These green tea cookies go well with warm tea or warm milk.
This recipe makes 8 large or 16 small cookies
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter (113 grams)
- 45 grams powdered sugar
- 180 grams cake flour
- (Cake flour preferred, but all-purpose flour works fine)
- 50 grams Almond Meal
- 1 tablespoon Matcha Green Tea Powder
- extra powdered sugar to dust
Things You’ll Need
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put almonds on a piece of foil and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Take almonds out, but leave oven on for the cookie. Finely grind the almonds in a food processor. There can be small pieces. Mix the ground almonds with flour and put aside.
- Mash cold butter in a large mixing bowl until slightly creamy. Using warm butter will cause the texture of the cookie to be cakey. When butter is creamy, add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Add Matcha Powder to the mixture and mix again.
- Add the almond flour mixture and mix until mixture is green and a messy dough forms. Knead the dough for a minute or until clean. Divide the dough into 16 pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
- Put each ball on a cookie sheet over a flat baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes (I bake them for 22 minutes exactly).