It’s October, which means it’s almost time for Halloween, my favorite holiday! This year my hubby got me a Coffin Cake Pan, so I decided to make Brownie Coffins. You can follow my recipe below or use any other brownie or cake mix to make coffin cakes. I also really liked the Finger Cookie Pan and I’m trying to convince my husband I need it as I write this.
For the decorations, you can use Candy Pen. I also melted some white chocolate to make the spider/lady bug hybrids, web, and skeleton. Extra thanks to my husband for making me the skeleton.
This recipe makes 6 brownie coffins
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar (add another 1/4 to 1/2 cup if you like it sweet)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- Melted white chocolate, to decorate
Things You’ll Need
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the Coffin Cake Pan with baking spray.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a microwave safe bowl. In a large mixing bowl mix together the melted butter and sugar. When smooth, add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Beat in the dark chocolate cocoa powder. When smooth, beat in flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Fill the coffins about 2/3 of the way with the brownie batter. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes (22 minutes worked for me).
- When the brownies have cooled, decorate as you like.