If you like avocado egg rolls from the Cheesecake Factory, you’ll love these smaller version avocado wontons. If you never had avocado egg rolls before, you must try this combination of avocados and sun-dried tomatoes which is wrapped in wonton wrappers and then deep fried.
Since I usually cook at home instead of eating out, I wanted to make crispier, smaller bite sized avocado wontons for me and my husband to enjoy as an appetizer. These were a hit with my husband and I finally got him to eat avocados! I like to make a bunch of these and freeze the unused portion to conveniently fry later. These avocado wontons go really well with my spicy, tangy Thai chili lime dipping sauce.
This recipe makes 30 pieces
- 3 medium avocados, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes in oil, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh cilatro, minced
- 30 wonton wrappers
- Thai Chili Lime Dipping Sauce Recipe
- Mix the avocados, onion, sundried tomatoes, and fresh cilantro in a bowl. It’s ok to mash the avocados, but you’ll want to leave some chunks. Lay out the wonton wrappers and put about a tablespoon of avocado filling on the center of each wrapper.
- Brush the corner of the wrapper with some water. Fold over the edges of the wrapper to form a triangle and seal tightly (you can freeze them at this point).
- Deep Fry in batches (375 degrees F) for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown (they’ll float to the top once they’re ready).